Creasey’s in Guernsey can trace its history back to 1899 when Benjamin Creasey (the Great Grandfather of the present directors) established a draper business in No. 2&3 Mill Street, not far from today’s Bordage store.
- The business flourished and in 1911 Benjamin acquired a High St property with the purchase of No 9 High St. At about this time Victor, his son, joined the business and a partnership was formed
- The third generation, Ivan Creasey, joined the business in 1936 and whilst growth and further alterations continued this came to an abrupt end in 1939 when war returned to Europe and Guernsey was occupied by German forces.
- During the late 60’s & 70’s the next generation came into business. Jane joined as a Fashion Buyer & Anthony in the Fabrics & Linens.
- Peter joined a little later taking over from Dennis on the office side of the business.
- In the mid 60’s contact had been made with Marks & Spencer & in 1967 a ‘St Michael’ shop was opened within Creasey’s.
- A fifth generation family member Jonathan Creasey joined the business in mid 2010.
- In 2013 Creasey’s Home Store opened in Smith Street, this features Bed, Bath & Utility, Cookshop, Fabric & Haberdashery and Home Accessory Departments.
- 2016 saw the refurbishment of our Toy and Nursery Departments in Le Bordage. Creasey’s Kids, featuring the only stand alone M&S Kidswear department in the British Isles officially opened in December this year.